Thursday, November 4, 2010

A bargain and a squirrel

The new tree is fabulous. I picked it up last night and couldn't believe my luck of such a bargain. It is very tall (ceiling height) and bushy and narrow - perfect for a small space. To be honest, when I got it home, I wasn't sure where I would actually put it. Hmmm. I realised it probably wasn't the most essential purchase of the week. My love of furniture is steadily winning out with the floor space year by year. Determination paid off with the help of my teenage son moving the sofas around with me directing (I've got a torn shoulder tendon). I've put it in the main living area beside my American Oak hutch dresser.


I had an unplanned but very enjoyable morning in Christchurch today. I bought three new rhododendrons to fill a few spaces in my garden. They are gorgeous yellows and apricots : Golden Torch, Naselle and Nancy Evans. I will have to tie the teenager down to do some digging in return for using my Trade Me account and buying a $300 phone while I was away...
The highlight was a fun shop at The Christmas Hut. Ahh, I LOVE this shop! Check out their website. http://www.thechristmashut.co.nz/ 
I have to go with a mental list otherwise I get sidetracked by all the beautiful new decorations. I got some stunning picks for the Santa's Workshop tree. They have a great range of the Jim Shore collections - I found a perfect snowman for my snowman tree. That's always a challenge as I limit the decorations to blue and white and many have red on them.
And my last find there was a furry squirrel to go in the new tree - perfect for a woodland theme. It is so cute. Can't wait to get the tree decorated tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment