Monday, November 8, 2010

Christmas houses

Plans are underway now for opening up our Christmas house to the public. I am fundraising for Christchurch City Chorus to travel to Houston next year for the International Sweet Adelines Convention. I've been a member since the start of the year and I'm so looking forward to being part of this event with my fellow sweet ads friends. It is a big commitment for me to be part of the chorus as I travel a four hour return trip every Wednesday night to rehearsal, plus regular weekend coaching. Sometimes I wonder where I will muster the energy from, but once I'm there and singing I just love it. Singing is a joy, and when you are singing with 150 others in four part harmony, and doing choreo at the same time, it really is an amazing experience.


I'm posting a picture on the theme of today's post. These four houses were from a class I did at the SENZ craft expo earlier in the year in Christchurch. Very fiddly to do, but worth the effort. They fit in well on my Christmas hutch dresser in the front entrance. No one seems to have noticed that I never took down my christmas china off the dresser this year. One less area to redo now which is a bonus! 


2 comments:

  1. Great bolg LOVE the name :) cant wait to see the rest of your decorations done and good luck with you fundraising for the Christchurch City Chorus :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stace. I'm starting to feel in the spirit now! Diana

    ReplyDelete