Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Stuck in a little house

I've stuck the family into a little house....literally. This is the weekend craft project, a Scrapware house shadow box that I got at SENZ in Auckland last month. It was a little fiddly to glue together straight without the walls falling in, but once it held together it was fun to decorate it. I have a thing about houses. Maybe I should start a collection? Speaking of collections, as I was saying recently I have been inspired by some pictures on Pinterest of home decorating ideas. I've found the perfect item on Trade Me to kick start my latest plan but I am not telling you what it is because I would probably cry if someone else discovers it out there in cyberspace and outbids me!


 The papers are Life Documented from Simple Stories. I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder to give the roof the tiled appearance, and painted it with Mod Podge. The eaves are Kaisercraft lace that I inked with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain distress ink - I use this all the time, especially for aging papers. The flourish is Tim Holtz...again....yes, I admit to being totally brainwashed with his marketing ability!



The photo is little outdated - it was taken in the spring two years ago - but I haven't organised anyone to take a more recent one of us. I did take a few pictures of the tribe this week before Peter went away. It's amazing to see his growth in 20 months! And I don't think he has stopped there with the amount he eats on a daily basis. I can't imagine that x4 in a few years time. Aargh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment